An innovative propulsion system
In order to match with customer's wish and need of green vessels and high maneuverability, we have recently developped our azimuthal thruster. Our 2 first units of MML55 model have already been sold and newly installed in the Hermione, new contruction of the historical Lafayette.
Main features: Maximum maneuverability, optimum efficiency, economical operation, installation to save space and easy maintenance.
Innovative search on our system are mainly based on :
- Propeller pump* propulsion, which means that the water flow is driven by a nozzle - fixed blades couple. It makes water rotate and come faster on the propeller area. Then,propulsion efficiency is improved by 10%.
- Thruster is completely enclosed in a housing, which makes decrease hull pulsations.
- 100% electrical use, which has a great environmental impact on greenhouse gases and also on noise level produced.
- The motor is mounted on the top of the installation in vertical position, deleting a conical couple.
- Propeller can be orientated 360°.
- Target power around 250-300kW.